What is this tour about?
The Escapes Tour – How did they do it? This new tour of Boggo Road Gaol examines in detail some of the dramatic escapes from No 2 Division. We visit the actual places where desperate men implemented their plans and went over the wall.
Hear about the characters, their backgrounds and the equipment they used. The ESCAPES tour includes the two gaol-breaks by “Slim” Halliday – the Houdini of Boggo Road – in his time Australia’s greatest escapologist! The Tour is based on the book BOGGO ROAD GAOL ESCAPES Volume 1 written by Jack Sim, Director of the historic prison.
What does the tour include?
- 60 minute child friendly Escapes Tour with Tour Guide.
- Entry into historic Number 2 Division, Boggo Road Gaol.
- Visits to the gatehouse, yard, the Circle, back track and ends with time to explore D Wing cell block – where the cell of the infamous Slim Halliday is.
- See original prisoner cells and follow the escape routes of prisoners.
When can we visit the Gaol?
- Contact us for next tour date or for a private booking of 20 or more.
How much does it cost to go to Gaol?
|ADULT CONCESSION Pen/Snrs/Uni Students||$20.00|
|TEENS (12- 17 years)||$17.50|
|CHILD (5-11 years)||$12.50|
|CHILD (Under 5)||FREE|
|FAMILY (2 Adults + 2 Children)||$50.00|
|SINGLE FAMILY (1 Adult, up to 3 Children)||$45.00|