Images of the past: the two gaols at Boggo Road
THE TWO GAOLS AT BOGGO ROAD: Just after the turn of the new century, the original Brisbane Gaol (at left) was joined by a new gaol. The original Gaol was renamed H.M. Gaol for Men and H.M. Gaol for Women (right) opened to compliment it. “A” Tower can be seen on the wall of the Men’s Gaol.
Source: Queensland Parliamentary Papers, 1911-12, Volume 2.